Monday, August 11, 2008

Beleaf organic cotton tote

For way too long I postponed buying a reusable tote to carry my purchases home from the drugstore, grocery store and other markets.


I reasoned that since I reused the plastic bags as trash bags, I was being somewhat eco-sensitive.


(I certainly didn't want to have to go out and buy plastic trash bags for my apartment...)


Then I discovered biodegradable, compostable BioBags made from corn starch.


Once I started using BioBags for my trash, I no longer had any reasonable excuse to keep accepting plastic bags at the markets.


Fortunately, about the same time, I discovered the Beleaf organic cotton tote bag.


What makes Beleaf a great green product?


1) It's made from 100% organic cotton, which is about a jazillion times better for the planet than conventional cotton as described here.


2) It's Stitched with Purpose . Yes, that's a slogan, but it's also speaks admirably to both the quality and care with which the bag was built. You can tell this bag was built to last and meant to carry some heavy loads. I'm not saying I'd load up the bag with watermelons (for that you'd want a wheelbarrow), but I feel confident lugging home some milk, cereal and other assorted goodies in my Beleaf tote.


3) It's got a beautiful swirly butterfly design applied using water-based inks. Yes, I'm a man who likes to carry a butterfly bag.


4) The wide straps with some reinforced stitching on the shoulder make it comfortable and natural to carry the bag loaded or empty. There's some smart design at work here...


5) 1% of all Beleaf bag sales go to the nonprofit organization 1% for the Planet. Beleaf's donations are funneled to American Forests to protect, restore and enhance healthy forests.


The Beleaf tote is a simple product, but it also happens to be one of our favorite green products we've found so far. Help cut down on the estimated 100 billon bags Americans throw away ever year. Get a reusable organic cotton tote today.


Where to buy:

Purchase the Beleaf tote online ($36) through the Beleaf website.

No comments: