Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where have all the Green products gone?

Well, I thought it would never happen.

After more than 200 posts in all sorts of consumer categories, I'm having trouble finding any truly innovative, amazing, special Green products out there that are affordable and widely available to U.S. consumers.

I'm a bit amazed, to be honest, because I originally thought I'd have no problem finding ~250 eco-friendly products a year to review and now I'm struggling to find just 50 a year that are truly worthy of extensive review and attention.

Don't get me wrong. There are lots of great Green products out there - eco-friendly home decor products, fashion products, food products. But I'm not a fashion, design or food blogger, per se. I don't have anything special to write (most of the time) about a new set of bamboo cotton sheets, a new organic cotton pair of pants or a new all-natural snack.

If the design/functionality/taste is truly amazing, I'll write about it, but I'll leave it to the dedicated decor/fashion/food bloggers to cover those beats.

My interest has always been in talking about products that change the game. LED light bulbs. Electric bikes. Recycled aluminum foil. Dual-flush toilets. Extraordinarily efficient (and thus energy-saving) home electronics. Wind turbines. Solar panels. Hybrid cars. You get the picture.

So...please don't get alarmed if I don't publish a post every week. I'll publish as often as I can find quality products that are worthy of your time and attention.

And if you find any of extraordinary Green products that you think deserve a review at 1GreenProduct.com, please let me know.

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking too.

Thanks,

No comments: